Different juicers leave behind different quantity of pulp with a varying degree of dryness. But one fact remains that if you are an avid juicer, you will eventually end up with a log pulp. Well, one way is to throw them out but then you are not being economical by doing so.
Thankfully, there are plenty of ways in which you can make use of juicing pulp. In fact, there are a few specific pulp based recipes and some general everyday ideas too.
What To Do With All The Extra Pulp?
What Does The Pulp Contain
The pulp is everything other than vitamins, minerals and direct nutrition. It’s rich in fiber and basically heavy nutrition that the body takes hours to digest. The good news is that fiber is necessary for the body too and so pulp automatically becomes a nutritious and moisturizing way to add fiber to the body.
You can save pulp for over 12 hours in the fridge and use it within the next day. However, try and make use of the pulp as soon as possible otherwise it can deteriorate fast. In case, you can’t use it at present, its best to bag it and freeze it or vacuum seal it.
10 Unique Ideas To Recycle Juice Pulp
Here are a few pointers on how you can reduce wastage of juice pulp and make beneficial use of it.
- Veggie pulp is an excellent way to add flavor or taste to soup, sauce or dips.
- Fruit pulp goes great with frozen fruit pops and fruity recipes. Berries work the best.
- Try making your own fruit leather.
- For meat lovers, adding pulp into burgers, meatballs, meatloaf and more gives it a lot of moisture and the best part is you won’t even notice the addition. Apple and carrot seem to work the best.
- Any baked recipe can accommodate pulp. Fruit pulp works the best or else carrot can do fine. Pancakes go great with apple and berries as it provides a unique texture, taste and moisture.
- Layered recipes are an excellent way to recycle pulp. Lasagne is a great recipe to experiment with. You can use tomato pulp and make lasagne sauce instead of using tomato puree. Its got the same taste, texture and flavors.
- Biscuits, muffins are all great with pulp. Add in onion, celery and tomato pulp with the recipe and people will love the new taste.
- Try making cookies by mixing together pulp with honey and shaping them into balls. Dehydrate this mix and you won’t even have to bake them.
- Animal treats are actually made from fry veggie and fruit pulp. You can make the same at home.
- Pulp goes great with smoothies, and if you have a dedicated blender for this purpose, people won’t be able to tell the difference.
Usually, most recipes can accommodate pulp to a certain extent. And when you aren’t baking, cooking or making anything that can use your leftover pulp, use it in the backyard for gardening purpose. Fruit and green pulp is an excellent fertilizer.
- Total (0)