This juicer packs in a really slow masticating action with a dual stage auger based action that squeezes fruits and veggies at 80 RPM speeds allowing juice to naturally flow out of pulp retaining the highest amount of taste, nutrients and vitamins. Designed ergonomically, the vertical design introduces a hopper on top of a bowl that attaches to the base and a wide mouth with a pusher to tackle larger chunks with ease. The Omega VRT350 has just three settings namely, off, on and reverse.
What the vertical design does is make juicing much easier. Since masticating juicers tend to slowly drag in ingredients, they usually need a helping hand with leafy or squishy ingredients. The vertical design of the VRT350 makes gravity its friend helping ease down ingredients without manual interference.
- Pros: Cheaper than other Omega Juicers, Compact design and easy to operate or clean.
- Cons: Not as powerful or versatile as larger masticating juicers.
Our Review:It has been a long time since we got an Omega juicer for reviewing. The last we did was the Omega J8006 and that was a pleasant experience, so much so that we actually got a couple for ourselves. This time around it is the vertical standing VRT350 that we have for you. Nothing about this juicer is traditional, in fact we cannot believe that Omega can stray so far away from its design philosophy in an attempt to make something so successful so much smaller.
To start with, it really does have a tiny footprint, so small that we keep the entire thing along with its containers on the top shelf of the kitchen cabinets. As for functionality, it is rather simple – one speed three settings of on/off/reverse. Simply switch on the juicer, chop and dice whatever it is that you want juiced and add to the hopper with a pusher until everything disappears down the chute.
Slow, noisefree and definitely healthy, we don’t see why the Omega VRT350 cannot be an instant hit among juice enthusiasts although it isn’t as powerful or as efficient as the J8006 or other siblings but its more than sufficient to justify its smaller price tag.
Features and Specifications:
- Low speed masticating juicer design with single auger.
- Auto-cleaning design with individual spouts for juice and pulp.
- Compact base with vertical design reduces footprint.
- Maximum operational speed of 80 RPM.
- Warranty is for 10 long years provided directly from the manufacturer.
- Can tackle wheatgrass with ease and ensure a high yield.