The Omega NC800 is a masticating juicer that efficiently grinds, mashes and chews through the fruits and vegetables that you wish to process, and squeezes every drop of juice in it. The pulp and juice are separated in the process, and though the process may be slower when compared to a centrifugal juicer, the extraction is complete, with the ingredients retaining the nutritional value, the vitamins and the all important flavor. The low RPM at 80 revolutions per minute ensures maximum juice output, with the pulp being ejected automatically. It gives you your morning glass of juice, leaving hardly any mess to clean up later.
- Pros: The Omega NC800 is a low speed juicer that is very easy to use and saves precious time. It comes with a large chute and an end-cap that lets you decide the amount of pulp you want in your juice.
- Cons: When compared to a centrifugal juicer a masticating juicer is a lot slower and the pulp content in the juice can be high.
Masticating juicers from Omega have always been a huge hit but for a long time, the company had marketed itself on decade old technology. The NC800 is a new design from Omega with a unique design that helps reduce the power consumption by using a smaller motor and reduce noise pollution. As far as juice quality and quantity goes, nothing’s changed except for an increment in performance in certain departments. Take juicing wheatgrass or hard veggies or nut grinding for instance. Now with the Omega NC800, these tasks are way easier as the auger doesn’t get stuck if you decide to rush the process by adding excess ingredients at once. Pulp continues to be drier than a centrifugal juicer and the end product is a froth-free tasty and cold juice, albeit achieved over a longer waiting period.
Rating and Overview:
Tad bit more expensive than competing brands and models, the Omegan NC800 is a new and improved version of the stock Omega masticating juicer line. As such, it is sturdier, sexier in appearance and definitely more robust in performance.
Features and Specifications:
- Low speed masticating juicer with a rotation speed of 80 revolutions per minute
- Masticating extraction comprises a two-stage process
- 5 settings allow efficient extraction of juice from fruits and vegetables
- Pulp is ejected automatically, and the juicer can be used continuously
- Compact design, and ideal weight of 20 pounds, making it portable
- Long warranty cover
On the whole the Omega NC800 presents a perfect solution to all your juicing needs. A must-have in every home, this efficient and economical juice extractor is simple and easy-to-use, and leaves no tell-tale signs of any mess after the job is done. The pulp that is ejected is quite dry, and easy to dispose off, making this juicer the most preferred by many people. The low noise levels and negligible power consumption are major benefits. The juicer retains the essential nutrients and vitamins that are naturally present in fruits and vegetables.