- Pros: Affordable, compact design with dependable Omega craftsmanship, excellent yield and usability, practically identical to the J8006.
- Cons: What a ruckus it creates! Better keep earplugs nearby, or at least in the bedroom. Also, it is covered by a plastic exterior, so not the strongest of juicers.
For the past one week, I have done all my juicing with the Omega J8004 trying to find out just how efficient and effective it is in the long run. Every run lasts about 45 to 60 minutes and it includes the time required to slice, dice, juice and clean up. In this time, I manage to extract around 2 quarts of juice and store it in the fridge. What I observed that juice made with the Omega J8004 two days back tastes exactly the same whereas majority of my previous juicers would produce a juice that went bad by the second day’s end.
Now, the instruction manual accompanying this juicer is more than clear on how to operate it. It strictly says not to run the machine for more than 30 minutes at once, which is actually something you will find hard to do. Considering the fact that this juicer won’t accept whole fruits and vegetables, cutting and preparing ingredients takes up time so at most you will probably be operating the juicer for 20 minutes or less. I was really impressed by the dry nature of the pulp but just to be sure I fed it back into the juicer and was amazed when another 100ml or so came out. One more run produced another 50ml and that was when the pulp looked dead and buried. Basically, the more passes you make, the more efficiency you get with the Omega J8004. Its not a double pass machine so make sure you process pulp twice before throwing it away. Just as with other Omega J series juicers, cleaning and maintaining this model is no hassles at all. It uses the same mechanism to lift open, clean and dry out. And like the others, it can grind, mince, make pasta, soy milk and much more. Basically, the Omega J8004 is a complete juicer and a makeshift food processor.
Rating and Overview:
Not as powerful or blessed as the J8006 but it definitely does a better job than the J8003. This Omega masticating nutrition center is great with wheat grass, kale and any vegetable you can think of. Cleaning it is easy thanks to the quick dismantling components. Plus, the long 15 year warranty makes this single auger design an ideal homesteader’s kitchen appliance.
Features and Specifications:
- Produce dimensions are 14.5 Inches by 6.5 Inches by 15.5 Inches and weight is 15 Pounds
- Dual stage filtration, lack of heat build-up and no frothing or foaming.
- cUL and UL approved, quite, clean and easy operations.
- Single gear masticating auger based juicer.
- 2 HP motor, auto pulp ejection and high yield capacity.
- 15 year long warranty on all parts.
Are you a fan of fresh juice made from fresh veggies and fruits? If so then the Omega J8004 will become your companion for life. 15 year long warranty, sturdy construction, virtually indestructible auger material and loads of juice make it a must have juicer for all health conscious and fitness folks.