- Pros: Juices anything, inexpensive and dishwasher safe.
- Cons: Not completely stainless steel, it has chrome plated plastics, requires some getting used to.
Our Take:Jack LaLanne Juicers usually are cost effective and get the job done right. However, not all are big fans of this brand. The fact that they cut corners to reduce costs, like the chrome plated plastics on this juicer and imperfect design does ward off a few potential buyers but in our tests, this particular juicer wasn’t all that bad. In fact, we felt with a little getting used to, proper reading of the manual, it is just as capable as any of the expensive models.
Let’s begin with the setup. Instructions are easy to follow and unless you get it assembled properly you cannot operate the machine. In fact, many complaints about leakage and so on are because of improper assembly. Everything has to line up just perfect in order for it to work flawlessly. Next up, the drainage issue, which some felt was just not worth the pain. In our experience, a do-it-all inexpensive juicer leaks way more than this does. As long as you are slow in the juicing process, do not try to overdo things and are patient, it won’t leak. And with really hard waterless ingredients make sure to follow it up with some pulpy or ripe fruits so that there is enough liquid to properly juice everything.
Remember the drain chute tends to get clogged up quickly so keep it clean and you will not face any leakages around the base. As for the inability to juice ripe fruits, we found that it in fact does this as long as you don’t push on the fruit and let it gradually disappear into the juicer’s blades. Pushing tends to create a huge mess and reduces the efficiency.
Features and Specifications:
- Centrifugal juicer with stainless steel construction.
- 3,600 RPM Whisper quiet motor with a unique extraction method for higher yield.
- Large extra round feed chute with stainless steel blade and food pusher.
- non-drip spout, dishwasher safe components, large pulp collector.
- Motor is protected by a limited lifetime warranty.