In addition to providing highly nutritious juice, the pulp of fruits and vegetables that the Hamilton Beach 67601-A juice extractor ejects separately has a variety of uses. The pulp comprises healthy fiber and cellulose that can be added to soups to ensure that your body gets its daily dose of health promoting fiber. Alternatively, the ejected pulp makes excellent garden compost, and is the best possible manure for your favorite roses in the garden. You can also make nutritious and healthy soy or almond extract that provide an excellent source of energy and nutrition for the kids.
- Pros: Extra wide mouth allows you to feed fruits and vegetables as a whole and get pure nutritious juice in a matter of minutes.
- Cons: On regular use, the cutter/basket tends to wear out faster than expected, and the quantity of juice extracted is reduced. Frequent replacements of these parts may be required.
Juicing with the Hamilton Beach 67601-A is rather simple and best thing about it is that it feels simple enough. All it takes is slicing and dicing veggies and fruits just enough to get it through the feed chute followed by a slight pressure with a pusher or by hand. Juice comes out from one side and pulp is collected in the extractor bin.
We did however find that the overall quality is best described as average so do not refrigerate it expecting a long shelf life. On the other hand quantity was excellent and the pulp does feel drier than usual. This is especially true with pulpy fruits and soft veggies. With harder ingredients you may need to trickle a bit of water or soak ingredients in water before hand but that is to be expected. Our two main complaints however are regarding its construction and fragile components that we believe may require periodic replacements, especially if you are as clumsy as we are!
Rating and Overview:
Considering its price tag, the Hamilton Beach 67601-A is an efficient and affordable juicer for folks who aren’t that finicky about the end result. Yes, it is noisy and it is completely made from plastic but if you don’t depend on juicing for a healthy dose of fitness daily then you will find this to be an adequate enough juicer.
Features and Specifications:
- Powerful 800-watt motor works efficiently to produce juice from the toughest vegetables
- The extra wide mouthed 3-inch chute can easily take whole vegetables and fruits, saving precious time
- Handy juice spout helps collect juice directly in small glasses or larger containers
- Can make large quantities of juice at a time, thanks to the extra large pulp bin
- Removable plastic parts are safe to handle and easy to wash and reassemble
- Soft-bristled cleaning brush helps clean the strainer basket quickly and efficiently
To sum it all up, the Hamilton Beach 67601-A juice extractor presents the perfect solution to all your juicing needs. It has several attractive and unbeatable features like the powerful motor, the wide mouthed chute, and the leak-proof bin for collecting the pulp separately. It can make clear, froth-free juice from almost any type of leafy vegetables like broccoli and spinach and other regular vegetables that can be fed whole. It can also be used to make juice from a range of fruits and nuts, as well as extracts from soy and almonds efficiently and quickly.