Instead of the conventional horizontal masticating design, Breville has opted for a vertical and compacter style keeping the consumer in mind. This makes it easy to fit on the counters or even store it in cabinets. Moreover, it helps make the juicing jug and pulp collector detachable for easier storage.
- Pros: Vertical masticating design, limited footprint, good juice quality.
- Cons: Exactly similar to the Omega VRT350, slow and minute feed chute.
Our Review:Honestly, when we received our Breville BJS600XL for review, we expected something unique considering how Breville mostly deals in centrifugal juicers. To our astonishment, the BJS600XL is an exact replica of the Omega VRT350! Yes, other than the Breville stamp and color combination it is exactly the same. We already had the VRT350 tested prior to getting this juicer and upon side-by-side comparison, the performance and looks all match. Digging deeper, we found that the two models although from separate manufacturers are built in the same Chinese factory! Well that explains how Breville managed to produce a masticating juicer!
Moving on, we did everything that we tried with the Omega VRT350 and other than coming out slightly on top with kale and wheatgrass, the performance, yield and juice quality as exactly similar. All-in-all it really doesn’t matter if you purchase the Breville BJS600XL or the Omega VRT350 – they are one and the same.
Features and Specifications:
- Masticating mechanism works great with soft veggies and fruits.
- 240 Watt ultra-quiet motor.
- Filter basket helps in auto purification and eliminates difficulties in cleaning while maintaining maximum yield.
- Dual direction control, works in either direction and helps free up clogs.
- Limited type 1 year warranty cover on the entire unit.