Apples and Bananas both have varying texture and taste. It is for this reason that the Breville BJE820XL uses two separate discs. One works with bananas and softer leafy veggies helping pulverize it into a paste without losing much pulp while the other helps squish apple into soft produce and extract crystal clear juice – just the way massive juice factories work. This is an easy to operate, clean and maintain juicer that is dishwasher safe and features a large 3 inch feed chute that helps force down entire ingredients with ease. Did we mention that the BJE820XL also happens to be the top model from Breville?
- Pros: Literally nothing that it cannot handle, different discs for pureeing and juicing helps quicken up and yet retain quality and quantity.
- Cons: Expensive and large size makes it harder to store after use.
Our Review:Quite simply speaking you cannot go wrong with the Breville BJE820XL. This may just seem as a smaller upgrade on the 800XL model from Breville but it is so much more than just that. With dual purpose design – puree and juice, using this juicer is an absolute blast. The two included discs to handle either function are easy to change and each is designed specifically to handle a specific kind of ingredient. Depending on whether it is soft and leafy ingredients or hard and crispy, change the disc and start juicing. Add to this the fact that it has 5 different speeds and you get a unit that will tackle whatever you put in it.
Our impression of the BJE820XL was that of a professional juicing machine and if we were to start a mobile juicing unit, this is definitely one juicer that we would have had in our unit. Be it daily purpose juicing, onetime pureeing or helping the community with low cost juices on a hot summer day, the Breville BJE820XL is well worth the investment, albeit a little expensive.
Features and Specifications:
- Two different discs one for pureeing and another for juicing each designed to increase efficiency and reduce time needed for cleaning.
- 5 speed electronically controlled dial ranging from 6500 RPM to 13000 RPM.
- 1200 Watt Motor with heavy die-cast metallic body
- Comes with a large 3 inch feed chute that can take an entire apple.