Not all centrifugal juicers tend to draw my attention. The Breville BJE200XL however caught my undivided attention because of three things. First, it is mighty affordable even for a centrifugal juicer. Second, it receives excellent reviews on Amazon and plenty other places. Finally, it is super easy to clean up afterwards.
- Pros: Easy to handle, good reliability, this juicer is designed for the long haul even though it isn’t as sturdily made as some of the higher models.
- Cons: Nothing is really amiss with the BJE200XL although it could have done better in terms of construction, yield and quality.
Our Review:I personally hate raw food and trying to gulp down a glass full of coarse vegetable and fruit extract is not something that I look forward to. Many centrifugal juicers that I have tried in the past never really juice the raw products properly leaving a bit of squashed pulp in the juice. However, the Breville BJE200XL is so powerful that it manages to squeeze juice from pulp without the need of manual intervention with a tamper. Yes, finally here is a centrifugal juicer that needs no additional effort to get clear juice out of. The only real concern with this juicer is that it tends to spew ingredients out from the top, so you will have to hold your hand firmly on the lid.
Design wise, everything about the Breville BJE200XL is top notch. Starting with the plug that is a molded loop to the basket design that needs no tools to get into place, this juicer combines together simplicity with superior technology to bring out the best in juicing performance. Cleaning up is mighty easy with this juicer as it takes under 2 minutes without the use of a dishwasher. The only real complain from my side is that the pulp tends to come out a bit too wet for my liking. This is probably because the Breville BJE200XL takes less time to process pulp. I won’t mind this as long as the unit lasts longer than previous centrifugal juicers. It’s already two weeks old so another 50 odd weeks more before I am satisfied with its construction. Reviewers have managed to extract a good 2 to 3 years out of this particular model, so that is comforting to hear.
Features and Specifications:
- 14,000RPM at 700 Watt peak output.
- Stainless steel micro-mesh filters with titanium cutting discs.
- Centrifugal juicer with compact footprint.
- Centered stabilizing dual knife assembly.
- Large 3 Inch central feed tube, circular design for larger fruits.
- Limited 10 year warranty on all parts.