- Pros: Sturdy, strong and reliable construction, stainless steel components allow for easy cleaning and long years of reliability. Yield and quality is top notch, hardly anything to worry about.
- Cons: Probably the price tag is a bit of a concern but if quality and longevity matter then it is worth every penny spent.
Our Review:As far as juicing efficiency goes, I give this Breville masterpiece a perfect 5/5 rating. In fact, it operates at 90 percent efficiency most of the time, which is something I expect if I pay above $300 for something. Reading other customer reviews, many people have I’ve found no flaws in this juicer. It’s a solid and effective machine that I you can plan to use for years.
It’s a monster juicer for me and there are plenty of reasons why. The size for one is huge. This Breville 800JEXL takes up plenty of counter space in my kitchen but I really don’t mind its large size because of the 3 inch wide feed chute. Moreover, its well constructed and kind of hefty too. Actually, at first glance it looks more like a machine rather than an appliance. And the best reason of all why it’s a beast is that it eats through anything you put in it quite literally. I have never before seen hard veggies get shredded to so fine pieces before in my life. And it does all this with a helping push from top. I actually can throw an entire apple into the 3 inch feed chute and sit back watching as it is sliced, diced and juiced into crystal clear apple liquor. Coming to carrots, just slowly push it into the chute and watch as they get converted into a thin consistent fluid within minutes. Best of all, you can push down two to three carrots at once.
When it comes to leafy veggies, you have to couple it with a few harder ones or else, they just get caught up in the discs. This is normal for a shredding juicer so its not new to me. I usually juice collards, romaine and kale together and wrap them up into a roll so as to leave large leaves to the sides. The trick is basically to have harder stuff to the center and softer things to the sides and push down on the entire ensemble with the food pusher. A few leaves do break apart but its fine as the wastage with the Breville 800JEXL is more than manageable.
The pitcher tends to leak a bit if you exceed the max line so do take breaks and pour out the juice into another jar or container before continuing. Moreover, you should not try to maximize the blending efficiency with harder veggies by using the low speed setting as this tends to eat up the shredding disc teeth. Finally, the cleanup is mighty easy as you simply have to brush the teeth clean, wash the filters and everything else cleans up with a simple rinse.
Features and Specifications:
- 19 Pounds weight and dimensions of 17 Inch by 11 Inch by 20 Inch.
- 2 speed control and 1000 Watt commercial grade motor with 6500 and 13000 RPM operation.
- Micromesh filter, die cast steel housing and cutting disc plated with titanium.
- 3 Inch circular feed chute.
- All parts dishwasher safe, recipe book included along with juicing pitcher and pulp container.
- Long 15 year warranty.